What is the latest and greatest show around right now? 13 Reasons Why. Here we list the Reasons Why (corny but cute) we love this show!
1. Parents Vs. Teens
- We love the difference between parents and teens in this show. Most parents didn't have social media when they were in school, so they didn't witness how much social media can truly affect a young adults.
- Many suicides occur because people don't start talking. If we could get more young adults to talk to a therapist, their friends, or even family, they wouldn't feel as alone. You can always get through something with someone else, even though it may not feel like it.
3. The Power of a Picture
- The main character, Hannah, felt victimized and became depressed from a "sext" that circulated of her. She wasn't even naked, nor had she been having a sexual relationship with the boy, yet kids believed this one picture. It's hard to know what someone will do with a picture they take of you, but always keep your wits about you.
4. Where Will We Be in Five Years?
- 13 Reasons Why premiered at a perfect time, because parents and young adults are slowly beginning to realize how social media can truly make or break someone. But it also makes us think- where will this generation, and new generations, be in a few years from now?
5. Can You Stop It?
- The real question is can you prevent this to happening to someone you love? Do you know the symptoms? Do you know someone who you feel may do something like this?
If you do, please tell someone. Please alert someone you know, or sit down and talk to the person. You may not be able to help them, but you can tell them that you will always be there to listen. No problem or sadness is worth ending your life over.